Essential reading for retailers and suppliers in the home improvement market

Latest News

Social networking and chatrooms help build Screwfix's popularity

Visitors continually return to site to offer advice and share tips. 
11 April 2008

Travis Perkins to become a major player online

There's room for us, says company ceo Geoff Cooper. 
11 April 2008

New members for HTA retail group

Two new members have joined the Horticultural Trades Association’s (HTA) Retail Management Group. 
10 April 2008

BRC welcomes interest rates cut

The Bank of England’s decision to cut interest rates this morning by a quarter point to 5% has been welcomed by the British Retail Consortium (BRC). 
10 April 2008

Tesco moves to outmanoeuvre Sir Tom Hunter

Share offer on the basis of six for every five existing shares, at a price of £12 a share could cost Scottish entrepreneur £43m. 
9 April 2008

Travis Perkins invests in Toolstation

Builders' merchant and retail operator acquires 30% stake from Screwfix founder with right to purchase remaining 70% after four years. 
7 April 2008

Wyevale patio decision took ten minutes, Professor Alan Knight tells conference

Speaking at Kent 2020 Vision event, Alan Knight says he asked the question whether such products would make the world a better or a worse place? 
7 April 2008

McCann's DIY Centre to close its doors

'It'll be a wrench, but the time has come,' says owner. 
7 April 2008

Warehouse goes up in flames

Wolverhampton site destoyed. 
7 April 2008

Metalrax praises housewares division for 'satisfactory start'

Profit improves; plans in place to launch exclusive products. 
4 April 2008

Blue Diamond buys three garden centres

Group acquires three sites from Garden Centres of Excellence. 
4 April 2008

The Co-op strengthens environmental credentials

Grocer introduces a peat-free compost product into its own-label gardening range. 
4 April 2008

Dobbies adds Sandyholm to portfolio

£8m acquisition extends reach, says James Barnes. 
4 April 2008

Demand for green domestic products expected to climb

Government announces measures to help reduce environmental impact in homes and communities. 
4 April 2008

Travis Perkins acquires Tile It All

Acquisition provides opportunity to become a 'major force' in this attractive and growing market, says Travis Perkins chief executive. 
3 April 2008

Abbotts selected as Dulux colour advice centre

Devon diy store is first and only to receive accreditation in county. 
3 April 2008

Met office: expect a typical British summer

The coming summer is expected to be a 'typical British summer', according to long-range forecasts. 
3 April 2008

Hozelock announces £1m investment

Hozelock has announced that it plans to invest £1m in new state-of-the-art machinery at its plant in Birmingham. 
3 April 2008

Housewares prices polarising, conference told

Middle-market cookware is being squeezed by value and top-end alternatives, delegates at this week’s Housewares Conference learned. 
3 April 2008

Akzo Nobel puts £200m price tag on Crown

Akzo Nobel has put its UK Crown Paints business up for sale for £200 million. 
2 April 2008

Most read stories