The Tile Association (TTA) represents the entire UK tiling sector – manufacturers, independent tile fixers, contractors, agents, distributors and of course retailers. TTA promotes professionalism and tiling standards in the industry, while also representing the sector to Government through industry bodies such as Build UK and the Construction Products Association.
There are many reasons why DIY retailers who stock tiles should consider taking up membership of TTA. These include:
- Access to free technical documents, based on British Standards, as well as technical seminars and training for staff;
- Access to unlimited health & safety, HR and employment law support;
- Discounted business insurance;
- An entry in TTA’s online directory, including the ‘Find a Showroom’ search function;
- Access to regulatory advice on trading standards, environmental health and similar issues through TTA’s Primary Authority partnership;
- Events and networking opportunities, including the prestigious TTA Awards.
During the pandemic TTA played an invaluable role for the benefit of retailer and distributor members, keeping them informed of the latest Covid-related regulations at a time when these were frequently changing, and also lobbying Government for greater clarity when required.
Given the challenges currently facing the high street, the lobbying aspect of TTA’s work has never been more important, as it provides a channel to convey the views and concerns of tile retailers to local authorities, Government and regulatory bodies.
TTA currently has a strong focus on issues of sustainability and is working to provide information and guidance for all members who have to improve their sustainability credentials, as the industry works towards Net Zero Carbon in 2050. TTA recognises however that tiles have an enormously positive story to tell on the sustainability front – being the most longlasting and durable of all wall and floor coverings, which are also inert, safe and have good thermal properties. As TTA promotes tiles and tiling, all members stand to benefit.
The Tile Association. www.tiles.org.uk. 0300 365 8453.