spoga+gafa 2020 in Cologne, Germany, is set to go ahead from 6-8 September 2020.
With effect from the target date of 30 May 2020, trade fairs and conventions with protection concepts have once again been permitted in many regions of Germany, including North Rhine-Westphalia, where Cologne is located. T
At the same time, the reopening of borders within Europe that is scheduled for June will provide the implementation of spoga+gafa 2020 with a further boost. Ticket sales from all over Europe already show that these visitors are willing and able to travel.
The floorplan will be different from previous events
Because many of the exhibitors from overseas will be unable to attend, Halls 1, 4.2 and 5.1 will not be occupied this year. Exhibitors who would have had their stands in these halls and who will attend this year’s fair will be integrated within other halls.
Like all other situations in daily life, spoga+gafa 2020 will be subject to a 'new normal', at least for this year. In cooperation with the authorities and the partners that support our trade fairs, the event organisers are currently drawing up the criteria and measures that will accompany us in the run-up to this year’s fair. These measures include appropriate hygiene, proper distancing of participants, and regulations for the processes conducted at the entrances, in the halls and at the stands.
The preparations foresee the following measures:
• 1.5 metre distance between participants
• People must wear protective masks covering the mouth and nose. The only exceptions are if a person is sitting at a proper distance from other people at a table or moving around in the outdoor area while also keeping his or her distance.
• Additional entrances will be provided for exhibitors. This will prevent bottlenecks from occurring in the entrance areas
• As in previous years: full registration of all visitors and exhibitors
• Cloakroom services will be provided free of charge: no waiting times
• Plans call for bag checks to be conducted technologically without any direct contact. Adapted catering concept to the new hygiene regulations.