Eight hundred years ago in Wigan, England, Cistercian monks founded what is now Clarington Forge where the traditional spade and fork were invented.
Bulldog Tools have been made at Clarington Forge for over 200 years.
Generations of Farmers, Contractors and Professional Landscapers stand testimony to a quality of product upon which their livelihoods depend. The skill and craftsmanship that were the key to the company¹s success in years gone by are still maintained and the same forging process is used to this day.
The Bulldog company was founded by William & Henry Parkes in 1780. A nearby road, Henry Parkes street, is named after one of the founders. The Factory has been an important part of Wigan for many years, providing jobs for many people in the local community.
In 2004 the company became part of the Rollins Group, a company that can trace it¹s own history back some 150 years. The Rollins Group, with its solid commitment and substantial investment in the Bulldog brand has improved efficiency and delivery times and is proud to own such a reputable name in the market place.
The Bulldog Factory has the only full time working forge still making spades and forks within the UK.