Last week on Thursday 15th July, DIY Week hosted the tenth DIY Week Awards and the first online-streamed virtual event in order to announce the worthy winners of this year’s programme, which was sponsored by Benchmark Retail Services, DK Tools, British Independent Retailer Association, C-TEC, Master Lock and Visual Config.
Introduced by comedian and author, Ian Moore and hosted with the help of ‘Voice of the Balls and Strictly Come Dancing’, Alan Dedicoat, the virtual event was lived streamed online and watched by a global audience of DIY industry professionals. With the winners decided by two panels of experts from across the DIY and home improvement sector, the DIY Week Awards has been able to uphold its transparent decision-making process and continue to make winning an award a truly remarkable achievement.
The event is still available to view again online at https://diyweekawards.co.uk/2021-livestream and the full list of winners is as follows:
- Business Expansion Award: UK Flooring Direct
- Digital Innovation Award: Winners: Thorns DIY (Highly Commended: Wickes)
- Sustainability Award: CDSL Group (Highly Commended: Dads Shop)
- Marketing Initiative Award: Dae-It-Yersel
- Team of the Year: Brewers
- Retailer of the Year: Wickes (Highly Commended: Dae-It-Yersel & Thorns DIY)
- Decorating Product of the Year: Peel TEC from C-TEC
- Power Tool & Accessory of the Year: A4504 Low Noise Compressor Kit from Kyocera Senco UK
- Hand Tool & Accessory of the Year: Amtech I1045 Interchangeable Ratchet Spanner Set from DK Tools
- Security Product of the Year: Solar powered security camera from Securefast
- Garden Leisure Product of the Year: Enders from Lifestyle Large Black NOVA LED Flame from Lifestyle Appliances
- Garden Care Product of the Year: Winner: Miracle-Gro Peat Free Range from Evergreen (Highly Commended: Coco & Coir COCO BOOST)
- Garden Tool of the Year: Worx Leafjet from Positec Power Tools Ltd
- Home & Kitchen Product of the Year: Ezy-Install Floor Installation System from IOBAC
- Retailer Support Initiative: Charles Bentley
- Digital Investment: VisualConfig
- DIY Product of the Year: Winner: Delta - Easy Click Door Handle from Urfic - Inter (UK)
- Highly Commended: Amtech A3580 Combination Ear Defender and Eye Protection; Slip2Grip - Ladder Grips; TENZ from Perry)
- Industry Personality of the Year – Ricky Johal of DK Tools
Thank you to all those that entered this year’s awards, well done to the shortlisted finalists and many congratulations to the winners. We'll have more details about this year’s winners in the next issue of DIY Week magazine and will be publishing news about next year’s event soon.