Published on 19 - October - 2012
DIY Week Awards: Shortlisted products revealedThe judging process is nearly complete and DIY Week can now reveal the product entries shortlisted for Gold at this year's DIY Week Awards.
Competition was tough this year, with some fantastic products in all categories. The following products have already been named Silver winners in their respective categories, having been whittled down from the mass of entries we received.
· Hand Tool of the Year: The Stanley FatMax High Velocity Hammer, Ladderlimb, and fast release vise-grip pliers from Irwin.
· Power Tool of the Year: Worx Qbit and Worx Sonicrafter Hyerlock both from Positec, and the Gyro Driver from Black and Decker.
· Garden Tool of the Year: Positec's Worx JawSaw, the Ground Buster from Draper and Agralan's Thread Hoe weeder.
· Garden Accessory of the Year: The Firemagic range from Bord Na Mona, Hall's Rainsaver, Paverlight Solar Bricks from the Solar Centre and garden vacuum storage totes from Scott Brothers.
· Decorating Product of the Year: STG Products' SiliconeXP, Shurtape's Frogtape (low tack), Plastikote's Twist & Spray and Black & Decker's Speedy Roller.
· DIY Product of the Year: Mitre fast Pen Kit from Everbuild, O'Keeffes Working Hands from Gorilla Glue, Grout Out by Vitrex and CK Magma Gel Extreme Knee Pads from CKI.
· Hardware Product of the Year: Bosmere's salt spreader, Micro Mista from Mykal and Bissell's Steam & Sweep.
· Garden Fertiliser/Chemical of the Year: Bord Na Mona's RSPB No Peat Multipurpose Compost and Miracle-Gro Flower Magic from Scotts Miracle-Gro.
· Security Product of the Year: Astron's solar security light, the Nightwatcher NW700, Yale's Doormaster Range and the Am Tech security door chain from DK Tools.
Gold winners will be announced on the night. To book your place and be part of this great industry event, contact Denny Jassi on 01342 332118 or email email@example.com. Shortlisted entries for the retail categories, including Best Retail Communicator and Store Manager of the Year, will be announced in the November 2 issue, but watch our awards page for updates.
DIYWeek.net does not edit comments which are submitted directly by our users to express their own views. Please report abuse of our comment system here.
© Datateam Business Media Limited 2012. DIY Week.net news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.