Published on 29 - August - 2012
The Range outlet back open hours after blazeThe Southampton retailer was open for business on time last Sunday, a matter of hours after a fire that required two fire engines to extinguish hit the building.
Emergency services were called to The Range Home, Leisure & Garden store on Winchester Road just after 11pm on Saturday, August 25.
It was attended by a fire engine from St Mary's station and a second appliance plus an aerial ladder from Redbridge.
Firefighters prevented the fire spreading from external pallets and the two storey buildings cladding to a nearby LPG cylinder. The blaze was extinguished at 12.36am and The Range store opened at 9am less than eight and a half hours later
The Range told DIY Week: "The outside sign of our store suffered from a fire due to an electrical issue. And, although a small section of the garden centre was damaged, the store is open as usual and has been deemed safe by the fire service."
DIYWeek.net does not edit comments which are submitted directly by our users to express their own views. Please report abuse of our comment system here.
© Datateam Business Media Limited 2012. DIY Week.net news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.