This Sunday, the doors open to the UK’s leading marketplace for wholesale Home, Gift, Fashion, and Sourcing, Autumn Fair, with community at the heart of its remit as it invests and evolves for the future of retail. Across four days, tens of thousands of visitors will converge at the NEC Birmingham to discover, network, re-connect with peers, be inspired, and source their next best sellers for the golden quarter and latest seasonal and Christmas designs.
Accompanied by local musicians playing live music throughout the show, visitors will discover the latest products from hundreds of much-loved returning brands as well as halls brimming with newness and innovation from Home, Gift, MODA, and Design & Source.
Daniel Mayhew, Autumn Fair’s Event Director says: “Following the huge success of last year’s show, the first one back post-Covid, we are pulling out all the stops for this year’s Autumn Fair to continue to support the retail community and offer the ultimate space for buying, networking, inspiration, and newness. We continually invest in new features and evolve the show to meet the needs of our visitors, and work with incredible partners and organisations such as the Giftware Association, GCA, Retail Trust, Products of Change, BFA and many more, to ensure we improve and progress in the years to come. We look forward to welcoming all our visitors from Sunday to Wednesday and delivering another great show to remember.”
Making the journey to discovering the latest new products even easier, Autumn Fair has created a handy New Product Showcase edit in Hall 6 for visitors to take inspiration of what to view at the show. Visitors will also encounter the Gift of the Year Winners Showcase, in association with Autumn Fair’s partners, the Giftware Association.
On the adjacent stand, look out for the Power of One® feature and Sustainable Product Showcase, where you can see how the Autumn Fair community are driving environmental change. As it continues to offer a platform to educate and inspire positive changes towards better sustainability and wellbeing, the Power of One® feature offers an interactive space to find out more about the show’s pledges; Pass it On, Do You Need It?, and Checking In, while the talented artist Saroj Patel paints a beautiful mural, and a pledge wall offers visitors the opportunity to note and reflect on the small (or big) changes they have made, with the opportunity to be inspired by others. With technology always driving change, there is also the opportunity to capture pledges online too - a must-see feature at the show!
Next door on stand 6H40, Autumn Fair’s Power of One® partner, Products of Change will offer a series of one-on-one and group educational sessions and workshops to help empower and energise retailers and consumers to change the future of retail, one step at a time. At the show for all four days will be CEO and founder of POC Helena Mansell-Stopher, and POC Advisor and Net Zero Ambassador June Kirkwood. On Monday and Tuesday join Mike Swain, founder of Pack IDS and Senior Advisor to the UK Packaging Council, for all things sustainable packaging. James George, POC Ambassador of Circular Principles and strategic advisor at Pyxera, will be focusing on the circular economy on Tuesday and Wednesday. Visit Products of change - Autumn Fair 2022 for more details.
The Sustainability Trail is a major part of Power of One® and highlights the brands and suppliers working to do their part to ensure a more sustainable and ethical future for all. From sourcing materials and manufacturing to the final product and packaging, brands and suppliers are shifting their focus for the best. One of the ways Autumn Fair celebrate this is through its sustainable filter on its exhibitor list (online here https://www.autumnfair.com/sustainability-trail and within the show guide) so buyers can easily find suppliers who are striving to make a change across four categories: Environment, Ethical, Material and Packaging. Autumn Fair is the perfect hub to meet and inspire one another to go on the shared journey towards sustainability together.
-Showcasing thousands of new products-
Autumn Fair visitors can expect to see 600+ brands under one roof across 12 sectors.
Gift sees the return to Autumn Fair of Widdop & Co, for the first time since 2018 and offering design-led brands across all the major gift categories, as well as Lesser & Pavey, Sass & Belle, DCUK, Honest Bottle, Powell Craft, Joe Davies, Kikkerland, Abysse Corp, Hellmand Versand, Chalk UK, Gingko, GIFT Republic, East of India, The Eclectic Lifestyle, Sting in the Tail, Candlelight Products, Ryland Peters & Cico Books, Treat Kitchen, Ahmad Tea, Artcuts, and Good Living bringing four new international brands including Haan and Omnom.
Coach House, Hill Interiors, London Ornaments, Besp-Oak, Ancient Mariner, CIMC, London Ornaments, Art Marketing, Taylors of Scotand, Final Touches, Walton & Co, Florelle, Chic Antique Denmark, Febland, Pharmore, The Satchville Gift Company, Mint Interiors by Kettle, and Zinc Bespoke can be found in Home, Living and Décor. The Summerhouse welcomes the return of Bronte and Scatterbox, along with Pacific Lifestyle, Jellycat, Hydro Herb, Malini, Gallery, Inis, Niwa Terrariums, Deluxe Homeart, MyGiftsTrade, Hot Tomato, and Spry’s Candles.
In Beauty and Wellbeing, newcomers Voesh New York showcase alongside brands Per-Scent and Shearer Candles, Upper Canada UK, The English Soap Company, Heyland & Whittle, The Somerset Toiletry Company, Heaven Scent Incense, Bomb Cosmetics, Eco Bath, Join Brands, Clarity Blend, Betty Hula, Sevin and Beefayre, and Emma’s Soap. Emerging brands in attendance include White Rose Sage, Lizzie & Wild Candle, Senne Candle Co., Eriskay Candles, FiZZ, and Mini First Aid - as featured on Dragons’ Den.
Greetings and Stationery contains a vibrant collection of creative, colourful, and fun greeting cards, wrapping papers, stationery, and paper decorations. Look out for the Thinking of You wall in association with the Greetings Card Association (GCA), and the GCA Debut area showcasing emerging designers including Luke Horton and Kate Downey art, Jumble stationery, Jane Buurman embroidered cards, humorous British made luxury greetings cards, prints and gifts from Print Circus, the Seedling Card Company who launch their sustainable seed calendar, Fat Cat cards, T'ART Design, and Vida Natural. Visitors will also discover The Art File, Paper Salad Publishing, Emotional Rescue, The Little Dog Laughed, Dean Morris Cards, Brainbox Candy, Five Dollar Shake, Cardology, The Seed Card Company, The Eco Friendly Card Company, and Molly & Izzie.
Kids, Toys and Play taps into the hottest trends and predicts what’s going to be popular at Christmas. Find brands TY, One for Fun, University Games, Thames & Kosmos, House of Marbles and Kidicraft, Redfits, The Toy Tribe, Hachette Board Games, MNR Brands UK, Halilit, Mai Clothing, Keel Toys, Lanka Kade, Alphabet Jigsaws, Beehive Toys, Inside Out Toys, Click Europe, and The Puppet Company.
MODA now offers retailers the most diverse fashion buying destination in the UK, with a comprehensive and inspiring line-up of industry leading and new brands from the UK and around the world within its newly established sectors: Womenswear, Footwear, Fashion Accessories, and Jewellery & Watch. From classic to contemporary styles MODA offers it all in one handy destination.
Moda boasts the country's largest collection of footwear brands including Alpe, 4 Feet, Alexander Pace, Blowfish Malibu, Brenda Zara, Calvano, Carmella, Chatham, Fly London, Goodyear, Grisport, Hogl, Jo & Joe, Kidderminster, Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, Lazy Dogz, Legero, LJ&R Footwear, Lunar, Marsan, Mustang, Old Soles, ReFresh, Scholl, Vionic, Wild Tribe, XTi Footwear, and Zannaa.
A host of womenswear designers and brands including Godske, Hukka Design, Jus De Pomme, Jayley, Saloos, Jessica Graaf, Goose Island, Lighthouse Clothing, and Mudflower will showcase their new season collections. Visitors will also discover the latest jewellery designs and collections within Jewellery & Watch and Fashion Accessories from Big Metal, Lisa Angel, Suzie Blue, Amber Hall Jewellery, Cavendish French, Kali Ma Designs, Lido Pearls, Shrieking Violet, Midhaven, Bluelily925silver, Ping Ping Jewellery, Scream Pretty, Sea Gems, Silver Jewellery Cavern, Reeves & Reeves, Siren Silver, Spoke 925, Ronin Jewellery, The Old Farmhouse Jewellery, Clementine Jewellery, Icon Watches, Paradise Jewellery, Eliza Gracious, Gracee Jewellery, Pura Vida, D&X, and many more.
Visitors will also uncover the latest fashion accessories, from handbags, hats, scarves to statement pieces. Look out for new brands such as Annie with Alex, Esoteric London, Weartrade, and returning favourites Glen Appin of Scotland, Nova Leathers, Yvette Collection, Talbot Fashions, Flick Fashions, Miss Shorthair, Ashwood Leather, Zelly UK, Berber Leather, Sophos and the British Bag Company, Miss Milly, Miss Sparrow, Black Yak, Earth Squared, ENVY, Nomads, Mala Leather, Angelababy, Thistle Gem, Passion Accessories, Shu Da Living, and Moca Fashion.
-A unique and invaluable content programme-
Unlike any other UK event, the show’s organisers pride itself on investing in special features and providing visitors with an unforgettable and invaluable experience. Education and inspiration abounds on the Inspiring Retail Stage in Hall 19 and the MODA Catwalk in Hall 8, with a packed schedule of talks from industry-leading figures.
The full schedule, including timings for the colourful and inspirational Catwalk presentations on the MODA Catwalk, can be viewed at https://www.autumnfair.com/seminar-programme-af-2022 but highlights include:
Sunday 4th September
- 11am - What is the Future for Sustainable Retail? In this opening panel, Product’s of Change’s CEO Helena Stopher is joined by Futurist Tom Savigar to discuss experiences embracing ESG values and making business more sustainable.
- 12pm - Facing the Future: The Benefits of Sustainable Retail: Bex Hall, Head of Consulting – SEDEX, brings to life how businesses can centre sustainable behaviours in their organisation and supply chains, with a focus on implementing responsible sourcing practices.
- 1.10pm - Sourcing Ethical Suppliers that are Right for your Business: Join Ethical Production Consultant Sara Collins in exploring ethical manufacturing practices and learn how to find ethical suppliers right for your business.
Monday 5th September
- 10am - Restarting International Trade: Opening Ceremony: Join an update from senior government officials from China and the UK as they talk through the opportunities between China and the UK as we move into a period of supply chain stability.
- 11am - Trend Update: Gifting Trends for 2023: Trend Editor, Wendy Lowe at TrendBible provides vital insight into the key trends impacting consumers and key opportunities which will elevate celebration, occasion and gift ranges to new levels.
- 11.30am – MODA Catwalk. A Glance Ahead at AW23/24 Trends: Promostyl’s Artistic Director Sebastien Renault makes his debut at MODA by exploring upcoming trends in fashion.
- 2pm - Net Zero in Giftware – Exploring the Future: How to rise to the challenges of sustainability within Giftware and what should buyers be considering when it comes to making certain ethical choices? John Pearce, CEO - Made in Britain; Alanna Dale, Founder & Owner - Lazy Pheasant; Joseph Brady, Founder - Essence of Hartland; and Susanne Langley, Co-Founder, Owner & Joint Managing Director of Cesca.
- 5pm - Source Home & Gift Launch Party: Find out what is in store for February 2023 at the launch of Autumn Fair’s new sustainable sourcing show.
Tuesday 6th September
- 11am - Trend Update: 2023 Home and Lifestyle Trends: Wendy Lowe at TrendBible uncovers consumer behaviours and lifestyle choices set to underpin product and design trends for the home in 2023.
- 12.15pm - The Department for International Trade: Made in the UK, Sold to the World: Hear about DIT’s campaign, championing the UK’s priority sectors through an innovative, localized marketing, with Neill Wynn Jones - Department for International Trade HQ; Lucy Haine - Department for International Trade, South of England; Katharine Hadzic - Department for International Trade, European Trade Hub; Nikola Vyborna - Department for International Trade, European Trade Hub; Erica Boyce - Department for International Trade, Netherlands; and Vincenzo Gallone - Department for International Trade, Midlands.
- 1.30pm – MODA Catwalk. Join Steve Manser of DCUK on an accessible, visual and engaging ride through a brief selection of ways you can influence the behaviour of your customers both online and in-store.
- 1.30pm - Fireside Chat: In Conversation with Mary Portas. Expect an insightful discussion with one of retail’s leading voices, Mary Portas.
- 2.40pm - Joyful Collective: Colourful and Playful Design: Promostyl’s Artistic Director Sebastien Renault and Trend Forecaster Virginie Espérandieu to uncover the latest in design trends.
Autumn Fair takes place on the 4th - 7th September 2022 at NEC Birmingham. For further information and to sign up please visit www.autumnfair.com, register at https://www.autumnfair.com/visitor-registration, and download the official Autumn Fair App